Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Smoothies, OH Yeah!

I love a good smoothie!  I love experimenting with flavors and seeing what I can "hide" in a smoothie.  This morning I had a banana fig smoothie.  I love figs and bananas and wasn't sure how it would work.  I have a stash of figs frozen in the freezer from this years crop.  I usually put chocolate syrup in my banana smoothie and don't get me wrong, it tastes great, but today I decided to try it without the syrup.  I took a scoop and a half of whey protein, a cup of 2% milk, 1 banana and 5 frozen figs plus ice, of course.  DELISH! I TELL YA!!  I can't really taste the figs but I know the nutrition is there.  I didn't need to add sweetener, the over-ripe banana was just right along with the vanilla protein powder. 

OK so a few other smoothie recipes are:

My family's absolute favorite, Watermelon Smoothie:

about 2 cups of watermelon and ice, literally that is it!
If you find that the watermelon isn't as sweet as it should be, add a little stevia or honey or even real sugar, this is so good you will want it daily.
 I got the idea from a restaurant in China Town in Boston.  They have it on the menu and it is amazing.  I believe they use a watermelon syrup, the real thing is even better. 

Linda makes fabulous breakfast smoothies.  She hides kale in then and other greens.
Yes the smoothies are green but the taste, OMG, try pineapple, berries, bananas, apples, carrots, almost anything you can think of.  These smoothies are super Delicious!

I also love apple & celery smoothie.  I add about 2 apples and 1 large stock of celery.  You will be surprised at how good that is.

Please feel free to share some of your yummy smoothie creations with us!  We enjoy trying new things and would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment